Covid- 19 Update
After practicing over the summer, I could see that this work is so very important right now. We are in this for the long haul and fortifying our internal resources will be vital moving forward. I feel confident that acupuncture and herbal medicine can do this in numerous ways, in the physical, emotional, and mental planes.
I will be opening my practice on October 5th, 2020, at 190 Main St. in Brattleboro, VT. At this time I do not have plans to return to my Northampton practice, but I may someday! Feel free to email me with any questions. It may take me a few days to get back to you as I'm still with my two young children most of the time.
Please read my message below for more information regarding office procedures during Covid-19.
I have missed you and the work that we do together! These are intense times, but I believe that we will get through them and become more resilient and aware human beings. This letter outlines everything I am doing to keep us as safe as possible while maintaining a therapeutic, relaxing setting. Bear with me as I begin to navigate the best ways to do this. I am confident that acupuncture and herbal medicine are important modalities at this time to strengthen the immune and nervous systems, to help heal from the trauma of the last few months (years, or decades), and to keep us strong and healthy as we move forward- in body, mind, and spirit.
My office procedure is as follows:
1) About 24 hours before your appointment, you will receive a pre-screening email with a small number of questions concerning your current health status and possible recent exposure to Covid-19. By replying “Confirm”, you are confirming both your appointment and that you are low-risk.
2) If, within 24 hours before your appointment, you have any concern about new symptoms that may be Covid-19 related, there will be no charge for the late cancellation.
3) You will then put on your mask and come in. Your mask must be worn over your nose and mouth the entire treatment. Currently my practice is at 190 Main St., Brattleboro, VT 05301. When you arrive you will see the bathroom on your right hand side. Wash your hands well for 20 seconds with soap and water. Then proceed to the waiting room and I will be out to greet you.
4) I will be sanitizing all surfaces in between each patient. As many of us are chemically sensitive, I will be using effective but non-scented products.
6) I will wash and sanitize my hands between each patient, before inserting needles, and after any other contact. I will be wearing a mask the entire treatment.
7) The treatment room will have several air filtration systems, including a HEPA and a UV filter as well as it's own mini-split system which also works to filter pathogens in the air and increase air quality.
8) My practice at this time is cash only and treatments are $80.00.
I hope this letter helps clarify procedures so that you know what to expect, and so that you feel safe and know that you’re doing everything you can to keep me safe.
Thank you and I look forward to seeing you all!
Emma Lee, LAc