Summer is Busy!
Dear Patients Returning and New,
My schedule is too full to accommodate new patients at this time that need regular treatment. I do have a waitlist and if you'd like to put your name on there contact me.
If you are a returning patient and do not see any open slots in the online scheduler please contact me; I am leaving some slots open for regular patients that do not show up on the online scheduler.
I feel blessed to work with you all!
My practice is located at 190 Main St., Suite 205, in Brattleboro, VT. I am planning on returning to Clinic Alternative Medicines in Northampton starting in September on Fridays. Feel free to email me with any questions. It may take me a few days to get back to you as I'm still with my two young children most of the time.
Please read my message below for more information regarding office procedures during Covid-19.
One thing this pandemic has asked of us is to increase our flexibility in all that we do and expect. This has been challenging as a healthcare practitioner in that I need to constantly update my policies and communicate about how I'm dealing with the risk of Covid in my private practice. In Vermont our community transmission of Covid and its variants is currently considered a substantial risk and the information below is current as of 8/22/21. I'll update it if anything changes.
This letter outlines everything I am doing to keep us as safe as possible while maintaining a therapeutic, relaxing setting. I am confident that acupuncture and herbal medicine are important modalities at this time to strengthen the immune and nervous systems, to help heal from the trauma of the last year plus and to keep us strong and healthy as we move forward- in body, mind, and spirit. I also encourage everyone to visit the vermont.gov website (if you live in VT) and the CDC website as they are both doing an incredible job of presenting the facts in easily digestible ways. It can be easy to get carried away with the news of the country or the globe and this can cause unnecessary worry for our own personal safety. While Vermont is considered to be at substantial risk for community transmission, the rest of the country is considered high risk with the exception of the state of Maine. To give you an idea of some numbers, the total cases in Brattleboro over the last week was 10 in a town of about 12,000 people. The total cases in Brattleboro since the beginning of the pandemic is 377. This is still very low! In Marlboro, VT, where I live, our total case number since the beginning of the pandemic is 10. Of course there are cases that are unreported, no statistics are perfect. What I am getting at is that, while we still need to use caution, we must be mindful that our level of alarm matches our community data. The vaccine is very effective and many of the people who are getting the variants (mostly the delta) are not vaccinated, those that are tend to have less severe illness.
Perhaps it is wise at this juncture to accept that Covid is something we will be living with for a long time in its many manifestations. In Holistic medicine, we are not separate from our environment and all aspects of our health work in tandem; body, mind, and spirit are not separate. The health of the community is directly reflected in the health of the individual and vice versa. It is our duty to keep ourselves as healthy as possible in all of the ways; this includes being socially connected with each other. The health of our environment is directly reflected in the health of the individual and the community, so we must all devote some energy or resources toward healing our planet, whatever that means to you.
My office procedure is as follows:
1) This pandemic has been going on long enough that I trust in your common sense concerning possible recent exposure and staying home if you are sick.
2) If, within 24 hours before your appointment, you have any concern about new symptoms that may be Covid-19 related, there will be no charge for the late cancellation.
3) My practice is at 190 Main St., Suite 205, Brattleboro, VT 05301. When you arrive please wash your hands well for 20 seconds with soap and water. Then proceed to the comfy colorful couch and I will be out to greet you.
4) I realize that the town of Brattleboro has reinstated its indoor mask policy. However, I personally feel that, at this time, if you are fully vaccinated, you do not need to wear a mask. In either case, I am happy to wear a mask if you wish and you are welcome to wear one, too. Please remain aware of any symptoms you might be having that could indicate an infection and communicate those with me prior to your appointment.
7) My office has several air filtration systems, including a HEPA and a UV filter as well as it's own mini-split system which also works to filter pathogens in the air and increase air quality.
8) Payments can be made by cash, check, or Venmo- but not credit or debit cards.
I hope this letter helps clarify procedures so that you know what to expect and feel safe.
Thank you and I look forward to seeing you all!
Emma Lee, LAc