Covid- 19 Update
Welcome new and returning patients! As you know, the situation with Covid-19 changes rapidly. I closely monitor the numbers here in Vermont and also in the states which border us. As a healthcare practitioner, I've received my both doses of the corona virus vaccine. I am so grateful! Currently I feel confident that practices such as mine are not the driving force in the spread of the virus. Much like schools, when businesses adhere to the guidelines put forth by the state we remain relatively safe.
We are in this for the long haul and fortifying our internal resources will be vital moving forward. I feel confident that acupuncture and herbal medicine can do this in numerous ways, in the physical, emotional, and mental planes.
My practice is located at 190 Main St., Suite 205, in Brattleboro, VT. At this time I do not have plans to return to my Northampton practice, but I may someday! Feel free to email me with any questions. It may take me a few days to get back to you as I'm still with my two young children most of the time.
Please read my message below for more information regarding office procedures during Covid-19.
I have missed you and the work that we do together! These are intense times, but I believe that we will get through them and become more resilient and aware human beings. This letter outlines everything I am doing to keep us as safe as possible while maintaining a therapeutic, relaxing setting. I am confident that acupuncture and herbal medicine are important modalities at this time to strengthen the immune and nervous systems, to help heal from the trauma of the last few months (years, or decades), and to keep us strong and healthy as we move forward- in body, mind, and spirit.
My office procedure is as follows:
1) This pandemic has been going on long enough that I trust in your common sense concerning possible recent exposure and staying home if you are sick.
2) If, within 24 hours before your appointment, you have any concern about new symptoms that may be Covid-19 related, there will be no charge for the late cancellation.
3) You will then put on your mask and come in. Your mask must be worn over your nose and mouth the entire treatment. My practice is at 190 Main St., Suite 205, Brattleboro, VT 05301. When you arrive you will see the bathroom on your right hand side. Wash your hands well for 20 seconds with soap and water. Then proceed to the waiting room and I will be out to greet you.
4) I will be sanitizing all surfaces in between each patient. As many of us are chemically sensitive, I will be using effective but non-scented products.
6) I will wash and sanitize my hands between each patient, before inserting needles, and after any other contact. I will be wearing a mask the entire treatment.
7) The treatment room will have several air filtration systems, including a HEPA and a UV filter as well as it's own mini-split system which also works to filter pathogens in the air and increase air quality.
8) Payments can be made by cash, check, or Venmo- but not credit or debit cards.
I hope this letter helps clarify procedures so that you know what to expect and feel safe.
Thank you and I look forward to seeing you all!
Emma Lee, LAc